Sunday, January 4, 2009

New York Trip

Hello Girls, Happy New Year

Okay, anyone interested in doing an overnighter to New York State?? Our family went to New York City to celebrate a birthday over the New Years. Of course hit a couple of Jo-annes Fabric stores and on the way back stopped in at the Canal Barn in Fayetteville. It is an old barn converted into a needle work store. The bottom level is for needlepoint and the upper level is for us quilters. It was like shopping in a candy store. The worse part was having Bill and the son waiting in the car for me. At least Brian's girlfriend Nadia enjoyed the place with me, thank goodness someone else in the family sews!!. Anyway..... the gals who worked there were just awesome and boy did they have fabric, some of which I have never seen. I now know the value of working with the better fabrics. I have ordered a back pack pattern which they will send to me later. Please take a moment to see their website. www. calicogals.com. I picked up a copy of the local quilters newspaper and will bring it to the next meeting. So... if you have a chance and are passing by, drop in there, its not far off the main drag and well worth the visit. I plan to stop by again in July on the way through to the Poconos!

See you soon by quilting buddies

Janet

No comments: